When your home or office is relocating to a nearby town, moving can be a hassle, but usually feels more manageable because you can make several trips back and forth if necessary. However, in out-of-state moving situations, the process can feel a lot more overwhelming. Here are five helpful tips for out-of-state moving:
- Declutter – Moving is a great opportunity to reevaluate what you really need and want. Give yourself time to go through items that you may no longer need, then you can sell them or donate them to a local charity.
- Check the weather before you pack – It can sometimes skip our minds that the weather will likely be different in your new location. Look ahead at weather reports before packing away your rain and snow gear, so that you’ll have it on hand.
- Use reliable materials – When you’re moving a long distance, you want to use moving boxes and other supplies that will keep your belongings safe and won’t fall apart. Here at Todd’s Easy Moves, we offer 65% fiber board moving boxes that are much sturdier than the 100% recycled material boxes that people often use.
- Save all your receipts – Don’t forget that moving expenses are tax deductible. Everything from the packing materials to moving company costs can be reported to save you money on your next tax report. Some companies also offer moving compensation if you’re relocating for your job.
- Call a reliable moving team – Hiring an experienced team to help with out-of-state moving can help ensure that all of your belongings make it safely from point A to point B with as little hassle as possible.
For out-of-state moving, rely on our 35 years of experience to make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible.