There are elements to long-distance moves that make them particularly tricky to deal with. It is no exaggeration to say that you can’t plan your long-distance move too soon! If you know you have a long-distance move on the horizon, our expert long-distance movers have a few questions that you should ask us or any other long-distance movers you might be considering.
1. Are you bonded and insured? When you hire movers who aren’t bonded and insured, you and you alone are responsible for the loss or replacement of your items– even if they were damaged in the move.
2. How many years have you been in business? While there are some many great businesses out there without many years in business, finding long-distance movers who have more than a few long-distance moves in their experience means fewer delays, more accuracy in quotes and timelines, and a generally smoother experience. We here at Todd’s Easy Moves have over 30 years of experience!
3. What kind of documentation can I expect for my move? Without documentation, you aren’t able to file a claim if your belongings are damaged.
4. Do you have references you’ll share with me? A mover who does quality work is going to have some references for you to check up on– which you should absolutely do!
5. What type of packing services do you offer? Long-distance moving is incredibly stressful and hard– don’t make it harder on yourself by trying to pack your own belongings! Having professional movers take care of this task saves you time and ensures your belongings will arrive in the same shape they left.
If you have other questions for our long-distance movers, please contact us at Todd’s Easy Moves today.