Are you preparing to move and have hired professional moving services? If so, you should keep in mind some key tips to set you up for a successful moving day. Here’s how to prepare for moving services.
- Clean – First and foremost, you should ensure that your home is clean for moving day. A dirty and cluttered home could slow down movers and can cause a tripping hazard. Additionally, consider getting rid of items you don’t use anymore to reduce the number of items being moved.
- Provide Packing Supplies – If you are not purchasing your packing supplies through your moving company, you should stock up on all packing essentials. This includes plenty of boxes, packing tape, sharpies, bubble wrap, and moving blankets.
- Label Your Boxes – If your movers are only moving your boxes and not packing them, you’ll want to properly label your boxes. Labeling your boxes clearly will make it easier for the movers to determine which room boxes go in and to carefully handle fragile items.
- Prepare Appliances – Movers don’t typically disconnect appliances. So, if you are planning on taking appliances with you, such as your refrigerator or washing machine and dryer, make arrangements to disconnect them prior to the movers‘
- Who Should Be There – Usually moving is a “all hands on deck” situation. However, it’s best that small children and pets are out of the way of movers to ensure that no one gets hurt.
We hope these tips will help you prepare for your moving services and set you up for a successful moving day. If you have any questions regarding our moving services, please contact us today at Todd’s Easy Moves for more information.