Moving is a stressful experience! Even moves that are exciting and happy changes can also feel overwhelming due to the sheer number of decisions and steps that need to be completed. Here at Todd’s Easy Moves, we understand that families moving with children have some additional challenges built in. If you are looking for moving information and tips for moving with children, start here:
- Start early. If you have children, don’t procrastinate the moving process. Get everything scheduled and arranged as soon as possible so you can focus on the moving process and parenting with less stress.
- Get them involved. Children love novelty, and the moving process can be exciting for kids. Have them help pack up their toys, let them color on the large boxes with their crayons, and let them have some supervised fun with some extra bubble wrap.
- Make it exciting. Like little sponges, kids can absorb your attitude, so if you are always a bundle of stress, they will become stressed out too. Instead, try to give them a positive moving experience by making it all sound exciting and adventuresome. Think of new places you will explore in your new neighborhood and new friends you will meet!
- Keep them safe. While moving is fun, it can also be dangerous for kids, especially small ones. On moving day when boxes and people are going in and out, designate a sitter to stay with your children or have your children go to a relative’s house.
- Hire help. Packing and loading your belongings is tiring and time-consuming. Consider hiring help with the move to ensure that you can have energy and time for yourself and your children during this time.
We hope that this moving information has been helpful. If you have other tips or would like to schedule moving services, please contact us today!